BBC is a general audience web site, intended for users of all ages. Please choose carefully the information you post on BBC and the information that you provide to other Users. Any photographs posted by you may not contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter. Information provided by BBC (for instance, in their Profile, in the forums and in publicly published articles) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate, libelous, defamatory or offensive material, products or services and BBC assumes no responsibility nor liability for this material. BBC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. In short, the moderators of BBC have absolute authority over all site content and the permissions of its users.
Disclaimer of Reliability
By using the BBC website, you assume all risks associated with the use of this site, including any risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus, software, or any other file which might be transmitted or activated via a BBC web page or your access to it. BBC shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained in BBC web pages.
Disclaimer about Information Accuracy
Although every effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, BBC makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy of content on this website, including but not limited to all mapping data, GPX data, KML data, Trail and Route Data and Trail and Route descriptions. BBC assumes no liability or responsibility for any error or omissions in the information contained in the website or the operation of the website.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to other Internet websites and information provided by persons not affiliated with BBC. Such links are not endorsements or referrals of any products, services or information contained in such websites, and no information in any such website has been endorsed or approved hereby. No claims, promises, or guarantees about the completeness, accuracy, currency, content or quality of information contained in the links to and from this website are made; information provided and opinions expressed by others do not necessarily represent the opinion of BBC. BBC expressly disclaims any and all liability resulting from reliance on such information or opinions.
1) Your Interactions.
You are solely responsible for your interactions and communication with other Users. You understand that BBC does not in any way screen its Users, nor does BBC inquire into the backgrounds of its Members or attempt to verify the statements of its Users. BBC makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of its Users. We do however recommend that if you choose to meet or exchange personal information with any User of BBC then you should take it upon yourself to do a background check on said person.
2) Non Commercial Use by Members.
The Website is for the personal use of its Users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved the owners of BBC. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by BBC for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
3) Proprietary Rights in Content on BBC.
BABC owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of BBC and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
4) Content Posted on the Site.
- You understand and agree that BBC may review and delete any content, messages, photos or profiles (collectively, "Content") that in the sole judgement of BBC violate this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any Member.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, "post") on the Service or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
- By posting any Content to the public areas of the Website, you hereby grant to BBC the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Website. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Website.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. BBC reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes Content that:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
- You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any User to buy or sell any products or services through the Website. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other User. Although BBC cannot monitor the conduct of its Users off the Website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Users from such advertising or solicitation, BBC reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which BBC deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- You may not attempt to impersonate another user or person on BBC.
- You may not sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
- You acknowledge that BBC is a public online community and therefore the opinions, views and ideas expressed on BBC by its users and authors do not necessarily represent the opinions, ideas and views of the owners of BBC and are not officially endorsed or sanctioned by the owners of BBC.
- You acknowledge that the owners and moderators of BBC reserve the right to remove any content that exceeds the mandate of BBC which is to protect access to the province's backcountry and advocate for new non-mechanized trails by lobbying government. An example of content exceeding the mandate of BBC would be motorized backcountry access.
5) Copyright Policy.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of BBC to terminate membership privileges of any member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to BBC by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. BBC for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached via email address.
Personal information of all users is collected, used and disclosed by the BBC as follows:
- We receive and store any information you enter on the BBC Web site or give us in any other way. We collect personal information such as your e-mail address, name, home address and telephone number. We may also collect demographic information, such as your postal code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favourites. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to and processing your requests, helping match your interest with appropriate activities, and communicating with you. You have access to the information that you give to BBC via your "Profile".
- In addition to personal information that you give us, we may also ask for or track certain anonymous information that we may analyze on an anonymous, aggregated basis. This information is used to improve our website and the operations of the BBC.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses BBC online.
We value and protect your personal information. We do not sell, trade, or share names, contact information or purchasing data of our members.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website, you agree that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of Canada without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the area in which we are based.
If you do not agree to these terms, do not use this website.