- The time has come to stand up for public backcountry recreation and for our diverse wilderness ecosystems. Government for years has failed to prioritize public recreation and conservation for the sake of commercial interests.
- We are proposing our own, shared vision for backcountry recreation and for the protection of the wild spaces of British Columbia. When we say the word “our” it includes you – the person who visits, hikes, climbs, skis and bikes.
- Backcountry BC is comprehensive, factual and science-based and includes a trail database, issue articles, a document repository and maps of trails, park boundaries, zoning, wildlife range, old growth management and non-motorized areas.
- We invite you to share your issues, stories and backcountry adventures on this free and open platform.
Click below to Sign the Petition
- Reference Links for Selling Smoke Bluffs Article
- Selling The Smoke Bluffs?
- Day-use pass pilot program exacerbates problems in North Shore provincial parks
- BC Parks Future Strategy: Securing our natural legacy through innovation, sustainability and partnership
- Proposed carbon-zero ski resort has B.C.’s fiercest nature lovers worried it’s all downhill from here
- The New BC Parks Day Use Pass Reservation System
- Spearhead Mountain Goat winter range survey report
- Direction on Day-use Pass Pilot Program